Thursday, August 04, 2005


Thanks to Chris I have seen the wonderful world of blogger and have this gorgeous page that I will hopefully be writing to on a semi-regular basis. On a whim here, I'll give a brief perspective of my self and now. In 12 days I will be homeless and jobless after spending five-and-a-half years getting a degree at UF that I hope someday will lend its purpose to me. This will also be the day that I presume will be the last at my current job (and believe me I am counting down the seconds). So, with no income Ill be on JetBlue to fabulous New York City the first week of September. And then onward to London one week later. After two more days in New York, I'll be just a week away from Central America and my new home, a wood cabina in Uvita, Costa Rica.

So what I learned in college is that I don't want a 9 to 5 job with two weeks off each year, and I can do whatever I want, like, say, move to another country and work at a hostel for a year. At first it was New York City, then California, but now I'll just think about it for awhile as I smell the sweet Pacific, chat with some world travelers, and sip on a Pilsen.

My emotions are slowly becoming erratic as all this creeps up. Andrew will be moving in over the next two weeks as I move out. His cat Thom that I was watching for 10 weeks has left on an adventure as of two days ago (of course, since he returned last night). It's difficult to decide what I will keep and not keep (and half of my apartment is a heap for Goodwill by the door) when I really only have storage space for a few boxes. Do I keep pots and pans? That ugly (but oh so comfortable) pair of socks grandma gave me for Christmas? My flokati rug? Leaving friends, a town I've lived in for eight years, the good-paying job, among other things all weighs itself against my excitement about traveling to New England, England, and Central America.

But, right now, I'm going out to celebrate Juan's birthday at the Side Bar (which was two weeks ago, but he wanted to wait until after the bar exam to party hearty). Andrew and Drew just got back, Alexis is visiting, Velvetine Pink and some other band are playing...

Good times to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home