Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Backwash Beach, Matapalo
I have arrived back in reality, a bit jungle-worn and infinitely more content as of late. Last week I left Cerro Osa, bound for Puerto Jimenez with all of my belongings and a burning fear that I would be returning to Florida within the week. I was pessimistic about securing a new job as a gringa without a work visa. I ended up running into the owner of the internet cafe in town, who I was working with at Cerro Osa on the hydroelectric system, told him of my trials and tribulations on the mountain, and that I was scouting some work. The next day I started work... a general description of my new job, back to web site management, doing some part-time lodge management out near Corcovado National Park when the manager takes his 4 days off per month, and managing reservations for hotels, tours, flights, etc. It's nice to have independence from the work environment and most importantly access to communication and a social life. So, there are infinitely more things that have passed since I've last updated, I'm not sure where to pick up the pieces, but it's been a long day of translating and my brain needs a massage. I'll make a half-ass attempt to fill in the holes on what's happening down here in fantasyland, and keep up with this thing again.
~Buenas noches~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home