Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I am no longer missing internet! I'm up the road at the new internet cafe, and it's perfect. This week is free as a promo while they are still putting on the finishing touches. It is pretty posh, all local wood, couches and seats indoors and out, AC, locally made goodies including cakes, pies, brownies, quiches, muffins, and bagels! These are things that excite me these days. I had asked Jack just a few days ago where I can get a bagel and he scoffed at the idea in such a small town. Mainly I was concerned about bagels because there is delicious cream cheese in this country. The cafe also has fresh smoothies, coffee, espresso, cappuccino, etc. I got a coffee (free refills) and a strawberry banana muffin for 800 colones (less than $2.00). This place puts starbucks to shame! Okay, so that's just the cafe. For internet, there are no desktop computers, only laptops. You check out a laptop and plop on a comfy couch or chair. It is HIGH SPEED internet. Not 128k. I was talking to my friend Darren who helped open this place and he said it's the fastest internet connection south of San Jose. I think it may be satellite? Regardless, I am a privileged woman. I can also get an unlimited monthly subscription here. So, given that it's not raining too hard, I'll be checking in with more frequency. That, and I now have the ability to update my photos, which I will do next time I am here. I'm out for now, time for an adventurous bike tour around town.

Hasta luego.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home